Monday, April 29, 2013

New kind of physical survey for moving estimates

CRS has always been a strong proponent of having a physical survey by van lines representatives for all moving estimates.  It is really the only way to receive a reliable estimate of costs.  Recent improvements in the techniques used with hand held computers some say have made the process more accurate and efficient. 

Sometimes the physical survey is difficult due to the location of the customer moving or just plain old timing.  One agent who met with us last week has a new way of taking care of this situation.  She Skyped with the customer in their home!  The process took about 30 minutes; about the same time a physical estimate might and she was able to thoroughly inventory the house and actually see everything that was being taken.  In the past a phone survey might have been the best solution.  However, in this situation, the Skyped appointment proved to be very accurate. 

As it turns our, two other companies were able to provide onsite surveys, and their weights came in at 8300 and 8500 lb.  The Skyped survey's results were right in the middle of those two at 8400 lb.  The survey enable the agent to see everything, and actually go back and take a second look if necessary, ask questions, and get a good feel for the shipment.

What a great use of technology in business!


4 comments:

  1. The TransferMyCar.com network of certified auto transporters has become the most trusted and reliable car shipping resource in the country. Our licensed, bonded and insured nationwide auto transporters are the 'Best of the Best' in the auto transport industry.

    We have been actively involved in the auto transport industry since 2005. With our years of experience we are able to provide you the top quality and trusted auto transport service that you need and deserve. We specialize in facilitating nationwide auto transport to our clients both safely and quickly across the United States. TransferMyCar.com is committed to providing you with the highest standards of car shipping service in the auto transport industry. Focusing on the needs of our clients is always job one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    What a commendable work you have done, with simplest of language. I can’t resist myself to leave a comment and trust me it’s hard to impress me. Now I am thinking I invested my time in something really interesting.

    Vachel
    Professional Movers California
    Relocation service California
    Full Service Relocation California
    haload.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!
    I am very much satisfied with your point. I can’t resist myself to leave a comment and trust me it’s hard to impress me. Now I am thinking I invested my time in something really interesting.

    Vachel
    Professional Movers California
    Relocation service California
    Full Service Relocation California
    haload.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow… awesome post, I was wondering from one post to another blog in search on such a unique and nice post. Finally I found it here.
    House Removals in London

    ReplyDelete